Top M.Tech Civil Engineering Colleges in India
The Civil Engineering is one of the oldest engineering field consisting study of Science and Mathematics to develop infrastructure in human civilization. Engineers are responsible for planning and designing the project then implementing it under proper control and maintenance, so as to save the cost and construct them as planned so that the construction lasts for thousands of years.
Construction of Roads, Dams, Schools, Bridges, Tunnels, Airports, Hospitals and many other constructions take place under the control of civil engineers. Engineers use different scientific theories and practical knowledge in the development of the nation’s infrastructure with minimum cost with longtime sustainability.
Taj Mahal of India, Colosseum of Rome, The Great Wall of China, Potala Palace of Tibet, The London Bridge are the examples of achievement from the Civil engineers around the world.
Course Related To Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Construction Management
- Construction Practices
- Elements of Surveying
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Engineering
- Introduction to Transportation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Transportation Engineering Lab
The salary is affected by different factors like experience, location, performance, pay policy of the company etc.
So, basically, the candidates who graduate in Civil Engineering will get an average salary of INR 3,50,000 per year and candidates having more job experience will get a higher salary.
- The candidate can work under both Private and Public sector projects in construction of roads, bridges, buildings, tunnels, docks, airports, housing that helps in overall development of nation’s infrastructure.
- The candidates can also work in the quality testing laboratories.
- Military and defence services is also a good career options for the Civil Engineering graduate students.
- One can also work as a consultant or in the environmental management departments.
- The candidates with good communication skills and a love for teaching can work in different Universities.
- The minimum requirement for the candidate is for them to have passed in the intermediate examination from a recognized Board of Education.
- The candidates must have Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects in the intermediate class.
- The candidate must have qualified in the entrance test conducted by both State and Central government.
- The applicants for the M.Tech Civil Engineering must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- The applicants must appear in the GATE entrance examination to get admission in M.Tech Civil Engineering.
List of Top M.Tech Civil Engineering Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- BITS Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology, BHU
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy