Top Electrical Engineering Colleges in India
Electrical Engineer is a person specialized in controlling and generation of electrical power to activate the electrical equipment which we use in daily life.
Electrical Engineering deals with study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism in many development projects to make things in life easier and to manage optimum utilization of limited resources available in the the current world.
The contribution of electrical engineers in the past, as well as the current world, is immense and they have made life in the comprehensive world much easier by using electrical power to generate electrical equipment like television, telecommunication, vehicles, computers etc. Most of the wiring and lighting installation in buildings, automobile, aircraft are done with the knowledge and guidance of electrical engineering.
What do Electrical Engineers do?
- They are responsible to design and develop efficient Electrical Machinery.
- Control different equipment for electrical generation.
- They have to guide and control the wiring and lighting tasks in different construction projects.
- Responsible for transmission and distribution of electrical energy and telecommunication.
- Updation of new systems and technology as per customer satisfaction.
Salary Package for an Electrical Engineer
As we know that the salary of any job depends on different factors like location, the job title of the candidates, pay capacity of the company, work experience etc. So the approximate salary package for electrical engineering is around INR 426000 per annum and the candidates from Design Engineering may earn around INR 456000 per annum approximately.
The salary will increase with job experience and as per the contribution of the candidates to the company.
Top Companies Hiring Electrical Engineering
- Bajaj International Private limited
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Siemens Limited
- Reliance Power Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited (BHEL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (CGCEL)
- Centre for Electronics Design and Technology and Wipro Lighting
Eligibility Criteria for Electrical Engineering
- The candidates start their career in the engineering field by studying in Intermediate Science stream with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry subjects.
- The candidates are required to take an entrance examination conducted by the State Government or Central Government for admission purpose.
- For higher education like M.Tech Electrical Engineering, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- And the applicants are also required to apply for GATE entrance examination.
- The selection of the candidates for admission is based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examinations.
- One can take a Diploma programme after completing Class 10 and be recognized as a Junior Engineer after successful completion.
Electrical Engineering Syllabus in Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced Mathematics
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Electrical Circuit and Fields
- Electrical Workshop and Wiring Estimation
- Signal and Systems
- Electrical Material Science
- Electrical Machine Design
- High Voltage Engineering
- Non-Conventional Energy Source
- Numerical Analysis and Optimization Techniques
List of Top Electrical Engineering Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, BHU Varanasi
- BITS Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- MNNIT Allahabad