Top BHM Colleges in India
BHM stands for Bachelor of Hotel Management, an undergraduate course introducing students to the fundamentals and different facets of the hospitality sector. The rise in demand for the sector has made it a multibillion-dollar industry. The Government of India has also been encouraging and investing in the development of these industries. Certificate courses can be of 6 months to 1 year whereas the duration of a diploma is 2 years and a degree course is of 3 years duration. The program focuses on imparting technical knowledge and skills in Hotel Operations. Here is the list of top BHM colleges in India:
1. Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, New Delhi:-
- IHM Pusa, the only institute the of the hospitality industry in India which is exclusively certified to HACCP.
- Established in the year 1962 and got the approval from NCHMCT.
- Amongst top 10 government hotel management colleges in India because of its placements, faculty, discipline, and students.
- This institute aims to be known across the globe as an institution with excellence for knowledge and skill.
2. Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai:-
- Founded in the year 1954 by the All India Women’s Central Food Council under the leadership of Late Smt. Lilavati Munshi.
- The institute provides a well-equipped infrastructure with the latest equipments and technologies available for the students.
- IHM provides full assistance to all the students by training them appropriately and has big companies as their recruiters.
3. Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal:-
- Ranked No. 1 as Supreme Hotel Management Institute in India and No. 1 in the state of Karnataka.
- The institution works with a vision to provide the state of the art education at the doorsteps of students and aims at bringing out the best skills and talent hidden in every student.
- All facilities match with the global standards to enhance learning and faculty-student interaction having an excellent Faculty-Student ratio of 1:10.
4. Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Chennai:-
- Ranked among the top Institutes by ABP News.
- Established in the year 1999 and got the approval from UGC and Ministry of HRD.
- The students get an opportunity to study and intern during their 3rd and 4th semester at Chester College, U.K.
- The institute tries to create an environment that promotes the ethics of service which makes it a premier institute for holistic education.
5. AIMS Institutes, Bangalore:-
- Founded by a group of educationists and philanthropists in the year 1994 and accredited by NAAC.
- Its major infrastructure includes Hostels, Lecture Halls, Library, Computer Labs, Auditoriums, Canteen, etc.
- AIMS tries to infuse resilient confidence among the students to make them excel in academic and professional lives.
- Ranked 4th in Top Private Hotel Management Colleges in South Zone by The Week in 2016.
6. Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur:-
- Established in the year 2008, accredited by NBA and got the approval from UGC.
- Ranked 3rd in top Universities and Rated A++ University by the Financial Express Group.
- The University has a Training and Placement Cell which takes care of the things related to placements.
- The SGVU has the academic collaboration with IMI University Centre, Switzerland, Jackson State University, USA, Swansea University, UK.
7. Bangalore University, Bangalore:-
- Established in the year 1964, accredited by NAAC with A Grade and recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- The University facilitates programs for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in fields of Science, Arts, Commerce, Law, and Technology.
- Bangalore University offers Placements to candidates on the basis of the marks acquired consistently over the years in their respective courses.
8. International Institute of Hotel Management, Pune:-
- Established in the year 1994 and got the affiliation from Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University.
- The international curriculum, the best teaching methodology, experienced teachers make IIHM Pune, the best hotel management college in the entire city.
- IIHM offers large placements across the world and the best training to the students.
9. Indian Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur:-
- IIHMR Jaipur, formerly known as Indian Institute of Health Management Research established in the year 1984.
- Its major infrastructure includes a library, computer labs, and other recreational facilities.
- The mission of the institute is to improve the standards of health through better management of health care and related programs through management research, education, training, and institutional networking in a national and global perspective in the health sector.
10. International Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi:-
- Established in the year 1994 with a view to produce creative and well educated professional for the hotel industry.
- Awarded as Brand Excellence Award in Hospitality Sector 2016 by ABP News.
- IIHM, New Delhi develops strong practical skills and helps students to develop and enhance their soft skills.
- It offers Bachelor of Science degree in Catering Science and Hotel Management from Bhartiar University.