About School of Open Learning, Delhi University, SOL DU, New Delhi
Formerly known as The School of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education, The School of Open Learning, Delhi University, SOL DU, New Delhi opened in 1962. Affiliated to Delhi University, it is a pioneer in the field of distance education in India. The exams take place under the University of Delhi and the degrees are provided from the same Institution. The school opened with modest 900 students and is now home to lakhs of students. It is one of the best institutions for distance learning.
The school consists of advanced classrooms. The classrooms of SOL DU, New Delhi are based on flipped classroom technology. Importance is given to audio and visual learning technologies in classrooms. The school follows activity/ skill-based learning. Open access is provided to all types of study materials including audio and video lectures. The school is a pioneering Institute in distance learning in India. The school started the Learning Management System (LMS). The system contains an online user-friendly dashboard for students. The school has over 30 study centres around the University of Delhi for conducting PCP programmes for its students. The school also provides an online library for its students.
School of Open Learning, Delhi University, SOL DU, New Delhi Admissions
School of Open Learning, Delhi University, SOL DU, New Delhi Admissions can be done either online or offline.
Documents needed for Undergraduate courses (online admission):
- Recent photograph
- Scanned copies of 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Students from Non-Delhi regions need to provide a scanned copy of the migration certificate
- Students from SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ etc., category need to provide a self-attested copy of Reverse Category Certificate and a self-attested copy of income certificate if they are applying for Financial Assistance
- The students from BPL category need to present a self-attested copy of BPL/ AAY Ration Card if they are applying for Financial Assistance
Admission requirements for Postgraduate courses:
- The admissions in the courses for postgraduate degrees start in the month of August-September.
- National newspapers carry advertisements for the admissions details of PG courses.
- The rest of the details can be found in the prospects.
Why SOL DU, New Delhi
School of Open Learning hence provides a nice environment for its students. Moreover, the students get the opportunity of distance learning. For the students who attend the classes on campus are provided with advanced infrastructure facilities. It is a nationally credited distance-learning university. The students get to learn from well-experienced faculty. Moreover, guest lectures are also provided for the students. The Institute provides various courses under various languages. SOL DU, New Delhi also has a strong alumni network. Functioning under the University of Delhi, the college is a good option for the candidates opting for Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in the Arts or Commerce.
SOL DU, New Delhi Contact Details
School of Open Learning (North Campus) [Campus of Open Learning] 5, Cavalry Lane, University of Delhi, Delhi, India – 110007
School of Open Learning (South Campus) [Campus of Open Learning] South Study Center, South Moti Bagh (Old Moti Lal Nehru College Building), New Delhi, India – 110021
North Campus – +91 11 2766 7600/ 7166/ 7645/ 6777/ 6780
South Campus- +91 11 2688 2897/ 2687/ 9462