Introduction To Exam Pattern:
- Authority: The candidates should be prepared for the exam pattern set by the CAT authorities.
- CAT Exam Details: It mainly includes a number of questions asked in the CAT examination, the number of sections, time duration, subjects covered etc. Under this section, the candidate will come to know about CAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Duration of the Test||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Total Number of Sections||3 Sections|
|Sectional Duration||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Marks per question||3|
|Negative marking for wrong answer||-1|
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Test Mode: CAT 2018 examination is conducted in a Computer Based Test (CBT) i.e. Online Mode.
- Exam Duration: Duration of CAT 2018 examination is 3 Hours.
- Number Of Questions: CAT 2018 question paper would consist of 100 objective type questions. The candidate has 60 minutes to complete one section/subject.
- Marking Scheme: For every right answer, the student will be awarded 3 marks, 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- MCQ and Non-MCQ type: About 70%–75% of questions are Objective type questions and the remaining 25%-30% are the Non-MCQ type. For Non-MCQs there is no negative marking.
- On-Screen Calculator: A non-scientific calculator has been provided which was on-screen for the calculation and basic computation. This year the same trend is expected to continue.
- Mock Test: The CAT 2018 mock test will be available on the official website from October 2018 (Tentative). Mock tests are actual test sample which is developed to help candidates understand the exam pattern and navigation on the online test.
CAT 2018 Paper Pattern:
The exam pattern for CAT 2018 is dynamic and changes every year. The CAT 2018 will follow:
|CAT Examination Section||Questions||Time||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||34||60 minutes||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 minutes||96|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||34||60 minutes||102|
MCQs and Non-MCQs:
- Type: Subjective type question.
- Space: Input answer via virtual keyboard in the space provided for each question.
- Options: Subjective questions do not have options.
- How many?: Every section has Non-MCQs but the number is not fixed for each section.
- Previous Pattern: Depending on the previous pattern given below, candidates can get the idea.
CAT 2017 – No of MCQs and Non-MCQs:
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs||MCQs|
|DI & LR||32||8||24|
Subjects in CAT 2018:
Candidates can follow the given link to get the CAT 2018 Syllabus.