CAT 2018 Exam Pattern

CAT 2018 Exam Pattern

Introduction To Exam Pattern:

  • Authority: The candidates should be prepared for the exam pattern set by the CAT authorities.
  • CAT Exam Details: It mainly includes a number of questions asked in the CAT examination, the number of sections, time duration, subjects covered etc. Under this section, the candidate will come to know about CAT 2018 Exam Pattern.

CAT 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights:

Exam StructureDetails
Duration of the Test3 hours (180 minutes)
Total Number of Sections3 Sections
Sectional Duration1 hour (60 minutes)
Total Number of Questions100
Total Marks300
Marks per question3
Negative marking for wrong answer

-1

CAT 2018 Exam Pattern:

  • Test Mode: CAT 2018 examination is conducted in a Computer Based Test (CBT) i.e. Online Mode.
  • Exam Duration: Duration of CAT 2018 examination is 3 Hours.
  • Number Of Questions: CAT 2018 question paper would consist of 100 objective type questions. The candidate has 60 minutes to complete one section/subject.
  • Marking Scheme: For every right answer, the student will be awarded 3 marks, 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
  • MCQ and Non-MCQ type: About 70%–75% of questions are Objective type questions and the remaining 25%-30% are the Non-MCQ type. For Non-MCQs there is no negative marking.
  • On-Screen Calculator: A non-scientific calculator has been provided which was on-screen for the calculation and basic computation. This year the same trend is expected to continue.
  • Mock Test: The CAT 2018 mock test will be available on the official website from October 2018 (Tentative). Mock tests are actual test sample which is developed to help candidates understand the exam pattern and navigation on the online test.

CAT 2018 Paper Pattern:

The exam pattern for CAT 2018 is dynamic and changes every year. The CAT 2018 will follow: 

 
CAT Examination Section QuestionsTimeTotal Marks
Quantitative Aptitude3460 minutes102
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning3260 minutes96
Verbal and Reading Comprehension3460 minutes102
Total 100180 minutes300

MCQs and Non-MCQs:

  • Type: Subjective type question.
  • Space: Input answer via virtual keyboard in the space provided for each question.
  • Options: Subjective questions do not have options.
  • How many?: Every section has Non-MCQs but the number is not fixed for each section.
  • Previous Pattern: Depending on the previous pattern given below, candidates can get the idea.

CAT 2017 – No of MCQs and Non-MCQs:

SectionNo. of Questions

No. of Non-MCQs

MCQs
VARC341024
DI & LR

32824
QA37727
Total1002575

Subjects in CAT 2018:

Candidates can follow the given link to get the CAT 2018 Syllabus.

Subjects
Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability
Reading
Quantitative Ability
Comprehension
Logical Reasoning.
CAT 2018 Application Form
Summary
Review Date
Reviewed Item
Exam Pattern
Author Rating
51star1star1star1star1star

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *