Introduction to CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
To be permitted for exam candidate must fulfil the following CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST reserved category)
- Final Year Candidates: Candidates who are studying in their final year of UG course can also apply for CAT 2018.
- Conversion Scheme: Percentage obtained by the candidates are subject to change under certain conversion schemes by the respective universities the candidates want to join.
- Grade conversion: If the candidate scores in Grade points (CGPA), the conversion would depend on the certificate given by the university and the candidate can use that score to fulfil the eligibility criteria for CAT 2018.
- Percentage Conversion: In case the percentage conversion scheme is not present, candidate’s CGPA is divided by total CGPA and the result is multiplied by 100.
- Genuine Details: Candidates are advised to provide the details over the website must be genuine and correct. Since IIMs will verify the eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
- Valid Contact Details: Candidates must provide and maintain a valid email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- Age Criteria: There is no Age Criteria set by CAT officials to fulfil the CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria related to the age of the candidate.
- Application Form: The candidates who fulfil all the CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria may move forward to fill the CAT 2018 Application Form.
Reservation Seats For CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Reservation for SC applicants: 15%
- Reservation for ST applicants: 7.5%
- Reservation for OBC applicants: 27%
- Reservation for Physically challenged applicants: 3%
- Total Percentage of Reserved Seats – 52.5%
The categories of disability are:
- Low vision and Blindness.
- Deaf and Less hearing power.
- Locomotor disability including, leprosy cured, dwarfism, cerebral palsy, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness.