The full form of BMS is Bachelor of Management Studies. BMS course is an undergraduate program introduced recently in the Indian Educational System. BMS course, as the name suggests, deals with the study of Management aspects of the business. The course duration of BMS Course is generally 3 years. BMS is considered as a replacement for BBA, but the courses have different course plans. The curriculum of BBA is more rigorous and consists of more industry-relevant courses, whereas BMS has a diverse range of subjects in management and concentrates on analytical and logical oriented studies. BMS is a new course to India and is provided by a limited number of institutions. Delhi, Mumbai has the most number of institutions providing BMS Course.
Eligibility Criteria of BMS Course:
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for joining the BMS course generally. But in big institutions, where there is a higher competition for seats, the age limit is set. 17 is the minimum age accepted and the maximum age limit is 23. Reserved category students may have negotiations with the age limit.
- Educational Qualification: The students must have a minimum of 45% aggregate in 10+2 level exams in any stream. The candidate should have studied in a recognized board to get admission in BMS. The minimum percentage may change based on the university or Institution. General category students may have a higher minimum percentage in a few institutions.
- Entrance exams: Only Institutions like St. Xavier’s college and Delhi University conducts entrance exams for BMS Course. Other universities provide admission based on the merit. The marks scored in 10+2 level by the student is considered in most of the colleges. Colleges in New Delhi accepts DU- BMS Entrance exam scores.
BMS Fee Structure:
- The fee structure of BMS Course is around Rs. 25, 000 to Rs. 50, 000 on an average.
- Fee structure of BMS Course is completely based on the institution.
- The institution fixes the fees based on the reputation of the college, History of placements, Rank, and Rating of the college, Locality, and also the accreditations of the institution.
- Therefore the fee structure may vary from Rs.5, 000 per year to 2-3 lakhs per year.
- The BMS Syllabus consists of a vast range of subjects. The subjects are from various domains of management like Human resource, Finance, Marketing and also logistics.
- The BMS Syllabus is set in such a way that a student gathers knowledge in all management aspects.
Scope and Salary of BMS Course:
- The career prospects after BMS is huge. A BMS graduate can get into management jobs of various industries.
- A candidate can also get into various fields within the management according to his interest.
- BMS students generally compete with BBA graduates for jobs in the market. Although employers give equal importance to both the courses at the hiring stage.
- The initial salary of a fresher after BMS basically will be around 15k – 25k on an average.
- The salary is based on the job description, candidate’s skill, job market, company, and also the locality.