About Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi BIT Mesra
For over five decades, Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi BIT Mesra has been nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Its location is 16 km from Ranchi, Jharkhand, the state capital. Furthermore, it is a hub of bustling student activities. The beautiful campus has been a second home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times. In 1955, visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla established this institute. Importantly, today it is one of the most premier engineering institutions in India.
The size of the main campus is 780 acres. BIT Mesra offers programmes like Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate Degrees, etc. To emphasize, the college has a strong vision and mission. Also, the Institution is globally recognized. Not to mention, it is striving continuously for excellence in education, research, and technical services to meet the National needs. Additionally, it provides excellent research and development facilities for Ph.D. programmes and research projects. Above all, it develops effective teaching learning skills and state of art research potential of the faculty.
Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi BIT Mesra Admissions
The Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi BIT Mesra Admissions depend on the degree that a candidate wants to pursue. Below is a list of the admission procedures for various courses.
- For Indian students, the admission is based on AIR in JEE-Main through CSAB/ JoSAA.
- On the nother hand, for NRI/ PIO/ SFFS, it is based on marks obtained by the candidates in Class 12/ equivalent qualifying examination.
- Depends on marks/score obtained by the candidates in JEE-Main or NEET-UG.
- Whereas, preparation of merit list is on the basis of 60% weight to JEE (Main)/ NEET-UG Score and 40% weight to marks in Class 12/ equivalent qualifying examination.
- Depends on performance in Entrance Test & Interview.
BBA and BCA:
- Depends on marks obtained by the candidates in Class 12.
B.Sc. Animation & Multimedia:
- Depends on marks of the candidates in the Entrance test conducted by the Institute.
- Depending on CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT percentile/ Scores and GD & PI the candidate gets admission.
- Admission completely depends on the marks of the candidates in MCA online Entrance Test which the Institute conducts.
M.E./ M.Tech/ MUP:
- The candidate must qualify GATE. However, academic record is also taken into consideration along with GATE score.
- Preparation of the merit list is on the basis of 80% weight to GATE Score and 20% weight to Class 10, 12, and graduation results.
BIT Mesra Facilities
The central facility of the Institute is the CAD Lab. First of all, it allows all undergraduate, postgraduates, research scholars, and faculty members, to work with the sophisticated 2-D & 3-D design and analysis software. In addition to that, they can learn to use the latest software and carry out their research work. Altogether, it has 70 computers with the latest configurations connected with a high-end server through switched networking.
In technical learning, The BIT Central Library serves as a model of an evolving and dynamic facility. Moreover, the library’s collection comprises hybrid resources in the field of science and technology, engineering, pharmacy, management and hotel management. Above all, there is a separate Internet section consisting of a number of network terminals for providing recent and most comprehensive access to online journals, online databases, and other online reference resources.
BIT Dispensary has 20 beds, it includes two isolation wards fully functional Health Care Centre. Most important, the dispensary functions round the clock.
BIT Mesra Contact Details
- Address: Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India – 835215
- Telephone: +91 651 2275444/ 2275896
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org