Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery [BHMS]
About BHMS Course:
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery or BHMS Course is a Homoeopathic Medical course of the undergraduate level. Generally, BHMS Course is of five and a half year duration which includes 1 year of internship Period. With the aim of activating one’s natural healing mechanism, Homeopathy uses highly diluted substances in the form of tablets and also, Homeopathy is the third popular Medication System in India. After completing BHMS, one can also have a Prefix of Dr. with his name. Furthermore, BHMS Course has scope in Homeopathical Medical Fields like Research and Development, Hospitals and Drug manufacturing units. Correspondence and Distance Education facilities are also available related to this course in certain colleges.
BHMS Course-Important Highlights:
|Duration||Five and a half Years.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology|
Top Colleges offering BHMS Course:
A List of few top colleges for BHMS is mentioned Below:
- Government Medical College and Hospital, [GMCAH] Chandigarh
- Burdwan Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, [BHMCH] Bardhaman
- Goa University, [GU] North Goa
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, [BFUOHS] Faridkot
- Sairam Group of Institutions, Chennai
BHMS Course Eligibility Criteria:
- Education Qualification: To be eligible for applying to BHMS course, the candidate should have passed 12th class. Furthermore, the Subjects chosen in 12th class should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and also the marks secured in 12th should be more than or equal to 50%.
- Age: The minimum age required for applying to BHMS is 17 Years. Moreover, the candidate’s age should not be more than 19 years.
BHMS Course Specializations:
Further Specializations in the field of Homeopathy are:
- Homoeopathic pharmacy
- Skin specialist
- Infertility and sex specialist
BHMS Course Admission Procedure:
- University/College Application: Candidate has to Download the Application Form/Prospectus from the official website of the desired college/university. Afterwards, Candidate has to fill in all details required and also submit the form before the last date of submission of the form.
- Entrance Exams: To take admission in BHMS, the candidate has to go through various State and National Level Exams. Furthermore, Exams related to BHMS are BDS, MBBS, NEET, PUCET, KEAM. Moreover, a Final Merit List is prepared on the base of the sum of the marks secured in 12th class and marks obtained in the Entrance exam. Afterwards, an interview will be conducted to decide the final selection of the candidate.
BHMS Course Syllabus:
In the BHMS Course, the candidates are taught the subjects mentioned below and also 1 year of Internship is necessary to complete this course.
- Introduction to herbology
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic plant healing
- Healing through nutritional therapies
- Essential principles of homoeopathy
- Mind and body healing techniques
- Introduction to alternative medicine
- History of holistic health
- Immunology and immune system disorders
- Introduction to traditional Chinese medicine
- Health, wellness and longevity
BHMS Course Career Opportunities:
BHMS students get career opportunities not only in India but also abroad Becuase Homeopathical Medical Fields like Research and Development, Hospitals and Drug manufacturing units need BHMS qualified candidates. Moreover, the candidate who has qualified BHMS Course is eligible to be called a Homeopathic Doctor and is also eligible to start his/her own practice. Furthermore, BHMS qualified can also get an opportunity to practice Homeopathy at private and Government Hospitals. Moreover, Lecturer, Consultant, Scientist, Therapist, Pharmacist, Medical Assistant, Public Health Specialist, Spa Director are some other Career Opportunities for BHMS qualified Candidates and even medical Colleges, charitable institutes, Medicines stores, State Dispensaries hire BHMS qualified candidates.