Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication [BJMC]
About BJMC Course:
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication or BJMC Course is a Mass Communication Course of undergraduate level. Additionally, this course is for those students who want to pursue their career in Journalism and Media Industry. Generally, BJMC Course duration is of 3 years. Students of BHMS Course can pursue careers either in Print Media or Digital Media where Print media deals with conveying the information through Printing modes like Magazines and Newspapers and Digital Media deals with Conveying the information via Media like News, Websites, Apps, channels, etc. Moreover, BJMC Course Scope is in the fields of newspaper column writing, Fashion Photography, News Analysis, Radio Jockey etc. Average fees for this course is from INR 50,000 to 1, 00,000 which further depends on College Choice.
BJMC Course-Important Highlights:
|Minimum Percentage||50% in 12th|
Top Colleges for BJMC Course in India:
A list of few Top Colleges Offering BJMC Course is mentioned below:
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Anuppur
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University – K.L. University, Guntur
- Sambalpur University, Sambalpur
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
BJMC Course Eligibility Criteria:
- Educational Qualification: The Candidate who wants to join the BJMC Course in India, should have passed 12th class with any stream with a minimum of 50% marks. And also, those students who are appearing in 12th Class exams can apply for admission to BHMS Course but the condition is that the candidate must have all the original certificate Proofs at the time of Counselling.
BJMC Course Admission Procedure:
- University/College Application: Candidate has to Download the Application Form/Prospectus from the official website of the desired college/university. Afterward, Candidate has to fill in all details required and also submit the form before the last date of submission of the form.
- Entrance Exams: To take admission in BJMC, the candidate has to go through various State and National Level Exams. And also, a Final Merit List is prepared on the base of the sum of the marks secured in 12th class and marks obtained in the Entrance exam. Afterward, an interview will be conducted to decide the final selection of the candidate. Furthermore, Exams related to BJMC are
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam
- Asian College of Journalism Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- International School of Business and Media Entrance Exam
- Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication
- Entrance Exam Pattern: Different Colleges have different exam Pattern for their Entrance Exams. But Generally, the BHMS Exam Pattern includes English Language & Comprehension of 25 marks, Logical Reasoning of 25 marks, General Awareness of 25 marks and media Aptitude of 25 Marks. Thus, the Total number of marks for the Exam will be 100.
BJMC Course Syllabus:
BJMC Course offers very high-level Job Opportunities in Media Industry. Basically, BJMC focuses on Basic journalistic skills in various mass media and also gives exposure to the students regarding recent developments in media issues and media research. Furthermore, BHMS course strengthens the foundations for the latest technologies related to mass media.
BJMC Course Career Opportunities:
As Media is a connection between Information and public, BJMC Course offers high rated Job Opportunities. This is worth to be noted that BJMC qualified students can work with news channels, news magazines, publication houses and can also earn a healthy remuneration which ranges between INR 3 to 9 Lacs per annum depending on the skills and experience.