Introduction to CAT 2018 Application Form:
- Register: Candidates can register for the CAT entrance examination from the official website. Registration will starts from 9th August 2018.
- Application Fee: Candidates can pay the application fee via online or offline mode. After payment, only application form will be considered as a complete and candidate will receive a confirmation mail.
Register for CAT 2018 Application Form by following steps:
- Visit the official CAT website by entering www.iimcat.ac.in
- If a candidate is not an existing user then they need to click on Register Now option. The candidate who have already register they can then log in to the official website using their username and password provided.
- The candidate can then access their CAT application form and enter all the necessary details after checking their eligibility in order to fully register.
Candidate needs to fill below mention details:
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Enter Captcha as displayed in the Captcha box.
- Read the Declaration section carefully and click “I Agree” to proceed and then submit the CAT form.
Fill the application form for CAT 2018:
- Instructions: The candidate must read all the terms and instructions very carefully before filling up their CAT 2018 Application form.
- Shifts: If the candidate is unable to finish filling up his/her form, they can save their work and continue when their schedule allows them to.
- Details: The candidates must fill in all the required details before submitting the application form, else the candidate will not be allowed to write their test.
- Payment: The final step in filling up the CAT 2018 Application form would be to fill in the payment details which the candidate has used to register.
- Confirmation: Once the candidate fills the application form with all the required details, they would get a confirmation email from the test website.
- Email: The candidate can use this email as a reference for all the further steps.
- Print: They can take a printout of the CAT 2018 form or save the file.
- No changes: The candidate cannot make any changes once they submit the application form.
- No Rectification: After this stage, any errors made cannot be rectified.
- Cautious: So the candidate must be very careful when they fill up their forms.
CAT 2018 Application Form – Personal Information :
- Personal Details: Candidate needs to fill in their personal information in the CAT application form.
- Proceed: Once the candidate finishes this step and fills in the required details, they can click on save and continue and proceed to the next step.
Various personal details include:
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name.
- If the candidate is physically disabled.
- The candidate must provide their contact details such as address, phone number etc.
- Scan and upload the required documents and pictures (Passport size coloured picture of the candidate, signature of the candidate, category certificate, and PWD/PA certificate).
CAT 2018 Application Form – Educational Details :
- Educational Details: Here the candidates have to fill in their educational or academic details.
- Careful: The candidates should be careful while filling this section in the CAT 2018 application form.
- Original Documents: The candidates should produce the original certificates along with their copies if shortlisted for pre-admission to CAT 2018.
- Rejection: If the information on the certificates is different from the information provided, then the candidate’s application form would be rejected.
- Submit: On completion, the candidates can click on the Save & Continue button to go to the next section of the CAT 2018 application form.
The various details to be filled are:
- The candidate’s 10th level details.
- The candidate’s 12th level details.
- The candidate’s graduation details.
- Other Professional Degree.
- The candidate’s Postgraduate details.
Any Past Work Experience:
- Work Experience: The candidate must fill in any work experience if they have worked in the past.
- Terms in Months: The calculation of the experience must be in completed months until July 31, 2016.
- Eligibility: The work experience refers to the paid and full-time work done after graduation.
Programs offered through CAT 2018:
In this section, the candidates are required to fill in the details of all the CAT programs they wish to apply for.
The candidates must also provide the details for the city they want to have their interview conducted in from a list of CAT centres.
However, the candidates opting for the PGP/PGDM courses at the following IIMs are required to select the same city for the Interview rounds for all the selections.
CAT 2018 Exam Centre:
Candidates can select 4 CAT centre cities while selecting the centre for their CAT 2018. The centres are subject to availability of seats. The candidates admit card will mention the city opted and all the details provided at the time of registrations. While selecting the city, the candidates can only select a city only once.
To proceed to the final section of the CAT 2018 Application Form, click on the Save & Continue button.
CAT 2018 Application Form Fees:
- The registration fee changes every year.
Currently, the form is available in two categories:
- Rs. 1800 for General Category and OBC.
- Rs. 900 for SC/ST/PWD categories.
Note: Extra charges are applicable to the final amount.
Mode of Payment:
- Mode: The candidate can pay the fees for the application only through online methods such as Debit/Credit cards or through internet banking.
- Option: There is no option for offline payment.
CAT Application Form Correction:
- Incorrect Details: Sometimes, few candidates fill incorrect or wrong details due to lack of proper knowledge or documents.
- Correction: CAT is an important exam, the exam authority allows to make changes in few spaces.
CAT Registration Trend: