CAT 2018 Introduction:
- About: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year for Post Graduate and Fellow programmes in various IIMs.
- Purpose: The CAT entrance is considered as biggest MBA entrance test in India and it helps to get eligibility for admission to Top Management Colleges in India including IIMs.
- Authority: Indian Institute of Managment (IIM) has absolute rights for conducting CAT examination and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats.
- Level: CAT exam is a National Level Entrance Exam for admission to various postgraduate management courses in 19 IIMs and 150+ B-schools across India.
- Applicants: In 2017 more than 2.31 lakh have enrolled for CAT examination which was conducted on November 26th, 2017.
- Programmes: CAT exam is an eligibility test for PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPEM, PGDM, EPGP PGPSM, PGPWE, PGDHRM, PGPEX, and PGPBM courses offered by the IIMs.
CAT 2018 Important Details:
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Management (IIM)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Participating Institutes||IIMs, IITs, FMS, ISB and Other Management Institutes|
CAT 2018 Courses Offered:
Indian Institution of Mangement (IIM) offers many business administration programmes for the candidates. The courses offered through CAT is
CAT 2018 Important Dates:
- Application Form: CAT exam 2018 application form will be available from 9th August 2018 and the last date of submission is 25th September 2018 (Extended).
- Admit Card: Admit Card of CAT exam 2018 will be available from 25th October 2018 and candidate can be downloaded from the official website.
- Click Here to know more about the important details of the CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Marks: The candidate must score minimum 50% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s Degree from recognized institution for General/OBC students.
- Category Relaxation: For SC/ST/PWD categories, candidates must score minimum 45% marks in Bachelor’s degree.
- Click here to know more about eligibility criteria for CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Registration:
- Registration: Candidates can register for the CAT entrance examination from the official website. Registration will starts from 9th August 2018.
- Application Fee: Candidates can pay the application fee via online or offline mode. After payment only application form will be considered as a complete and candidate will receive a confirmation mail.
- Click Here to know more about Application form of CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Admit Card Download: Candidates can login to the official website to download the CAT 2018 admit card.
- Admit Card Availability: Admit card will be available to the candidates from 18th October 2018 (2 pm onwards).
- Click here to know more about Admit card of the CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Syllabus:
- Syllabus: CAT exam syllabus is divided into 3 section such as Logical & Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension.
- Duration: In CAT exam, duration of each section contains 60 minutes.
- Click here to know more about Syllabus of CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Marking Scheme: In CAT exam 2018 candidates will get for every correct answer 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- Exam Mode: CAT exam 2018 will be conducted in online mode i.e. computer-based test.
- Click Here to know more about exam pattern of CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Results:
- Result Date: CAT 2018 exam result will be declared on the 2nd week of January 2018.
- Login Details: The candidate must provide their CAT exam 2018 user ID and password to check their CAT 2018 results.
- Result Details: Result of CAT exam 2018 contains section-wise marks, overall score marks and percentiles.
- Click here to know more about Results of the CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Counselling:
- Counselling: Once the CAT result declared, shortlisted candidate have to appear for Personal Interview/Group Activity/Group Discussion and Extempore Activities rounds.
- Mandatory: The candidates must aware of the IIM counselling procedure before attending the counselling. So they should check the counselling procedure document list at the time of counselling.
- Click here to know more about Counselling process of the CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Programmes Offer In Respected Institutions:
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM|
CAT 2018 Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM):
|IIM Kashipur||FPM &EFPM
|IIM Raipur||FPM &EFPM
CAT 2018 Helpdesk Number:
- Help Desk Number: 1-800-266-3549
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAT 2018 Exam Trends:
|Year||Candidate Registered (in Lakhs)|
CAT 2018 Preparation Tips:
- Focus on basics: Focus on some of the basic concepts which is essential for CAT examination.
- Practice Problems: Practice all the topic related to CAT exam and emphasis on the topic which you feel typical.
- Appear Mock: After practising the topic wise question start solving sample papers and topic wise mock test.
- Review yourself: Depending upon the Mock rating focus on the topic which needs more improvement and practice.
- Generalise your Solution: There are several of ways to solve particular problems. So try solving the problem which takes less time and answer will be accurate.
- Practice Full Lenght Mock: After all the above tips and preparation start giving Full Lenght Mock which will help you to analyze your potential and weakness. Practice your weak topic time to time.