CAT 2018 Introduction:
- About: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year for Post Graduate and Fellow programmes in various IIMs. The CAT 2018 Exam will be held on 4th Sunday of the 11th month i.e. November 25th, 2018.
- Purpose: The CAT entrance is considered as biggest MBA entrance test in India and it helps to get eligibility for admission to Top Management Colleges in India including IIMs.
- Authority: Indian Institute of Managment (IIM) has absolute rights for conducting CAT examination and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. The IIM’s conduct CAT 2018 exam on a rotational basis.
- Level: CAT exam is a National Level Entrance Exam for admission to various postgraduate management courses in functioning 20 IIMs and 150+ B-schools across India.
- Applicants: In 2017 more than 2.31 lakh students have enrolled for CAT examination which was conducted on November 26th, 2017. This time its expected to cross 2.5 Lakh candidates to apply for the exam.
- Programmes: CAT exam is an eligibility test for PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPEM, PGDM, EPGP PGPSM, PGPWE, PGDHRM, PGPEX, and PGPBM courses offered by the IIMs.
- Conducting Body: The CAT 2018 will be organized by which institute is an unsolved puzzle which will be resolved in the month of July. The confusion is between two IIM’s viz. IIM Calcutta or IIM Kozhikode. But as per the notification mostly chances are that IIM Calcutta will conduct the CAT exam this time.
CAT 2018 Important Details:
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Management (IIM)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Participating Institutes||IIMs, IITs, FMS, ISB and Other Management Institutes|
|CAT 2018 Exam time||3 Hours (180 Minutes- 60 Minutes for Each Section)|
|CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria||Graduation with 50%|
|CAT Help-desk||1800-2663-549 | email@example.com|
CAT 2018 Courses Offered:
Indian Institution of Mangement (IIM) offers many business administration programmes for the candidates. The courses offered through CAT is
CAT 2018 Dates:
- Application Form: CAT exam 2018 application form will be accessible from 9th August 2018 and the last date for submission is 25th September 2018 (Dates are Tentative).
- Admit Card: Admit Card of CAT exam 2018 will be available from 25th October 2018 (Tentative) and candidates can be downloaded from the official website.
- Exam Date: The CAT 2018 Exam Date has been announced and it will be held on 25th of November, 2018.
- Click Here to know more about the important details of the CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Marks: The candidates must score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (General) in Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution for General/OBC students.
- Category Relaxation: For SC/ST/PWD categories, candidates must score a minimum of 45% marks in Bachelor’s degree.
- Other Backgrounds: Candidates with CA/CS/ICWA degree (Gen: 50% & SC/ST/ PWD: 45%) can also apply.
- Age Limit: No Age limit specified to apply for the exam and a candidate can attempt as many time as they want.
- Click here to know more about eligibility criteria for CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Registration:
- Registration: Candidates can register for the CAT entrance examination from the CAT 2018 official website. CAT 2018 application form will be available from 9th August 2018.
- Fill Application Form: Candidates have to fill in their personal details, contact information, academics details, work experience (if any), program and exam centre preference.
- Upload Documents: Upload your scanned copies of documents such as Photograph, Signature, Category certificate and disability certificate according to the dimension specified.
- Application Fee: Candidates can pay the application fee via online or offline mode. After payment only, the application form will be considered complete and the candidate will receive a confirmation mail.
- Click Here to know more about Application form of CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Admit Card Download: Candidates can login to the official website to download the CAT 2018 admit card.
- Admit Card Availability: Admit card will be available to the candidates from 18th October 2018 (2 pm onwards).
- Details: Personal Details and Exam details like CAT Exam Centre, CAT Exam Date 2018, etc. are available on the Admit card.
- Click here to know more about Admit card of the CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Syllabus:
- Syllabus: CAT exam syllabus is divided into 3 section such as Logical & Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension.
- Duration: In CAT exam, duration of each section contains 60 minutes.
- Click here to know more about CAT 2018 syllabus.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Marking Scheme: In CAT exam 2018 candidates will get for every correct answer 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- Exam Mode: CAT exam 2018 will be conducted in online mode i.e. computer-based test.
- Click Here to know more about exam pattern of CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Results:
- Result Date: CAT 2018 exam result will be declared in the 2nd week of January 2018.
- Login Details: The candidate must provide their CAT exam 2018 user ID and password to check their CAT 2018 result.
- Result Details: Result of CAT exam 2018 contains section-wise marks, overall score marks and percentiles.
- Click here to know more about Results of the CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Counselling:
- Counselling: Once the CAT result declared, shortlisted candidate have to appear for Personal Interview/Group Activity/Group Discussion and Extempore Activities rounds.
- Mandatory: The candidates must aware of the IIM counselling procedure before attending the counselling. So they should check the counselling procedure document list at the time of counselling.
- Click here to know more about Counselling process of the CAT exam 2018.
CAT 2018 Programmes Offer In Respected Institutions:
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM|
CAT 2018 Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM):
|IIM Kashipur||FPM &EFPM
|IIM Raipur||FPM &EFPM
CAT 2018 Helpdesk Number:
- Help Desk Number: 1-800-266-3549
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAT 2018 Exam Trends:
|Year||Candidate Registered (in Lakhs)|
With respect to the statics of the last year, the demographics of the students who applied for the CAT 2017 are as follows.
CAT 2017 Geographical Diversity
CAT 2017 Degree-Wise Student Bifurcation
CAT 2018 Preparation Tips:
- Start Early: The main fundamental component to score high in the exam is to start early and prepare for the exam with a strategy which will help you with ample amount at the end for revision.
- Focus on basics: Focus on some of the basic concepts which are essential for CAT examination.
- Practice Problems: Practice all the topic related to CAT exam and emphasis on the topic which you feel typical.
- Appear Mock: After practising the topic wise question start solving sample papers and topic wise mock test.
- Review yourself: Depending on the Mock rating focus on the topic which needs more improvement and practice.
- Generalise your Solution: There are several of ways to solve particular problems. So try solving the problem which takes less time and answer will be accurate.
- Practice Full Lenght Mock: After all the above tips and preparation start giving Full Lenght Mock which will help you to analyze your potential and weakness. Practice your weak topic time to time.