CAT 2018 Introduction:
- About: The Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) is a management entrance exam which will be conducted every year on a national level for the candidates to get admission in MBA courses.
- Purpose: The CAT 2018 is considered as biggest MBA entrance test in India and it helps to get eligibility for admission to Top Management Colleges in India.
- Authority: Indian Institute of Managment (IIM) has absolute rights for conducting CAT 2018 examination and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats.
- Level: CAT 2018 is a National Level Entrance Exam for admission to various postgraduate management courses in 19 IIMs and 150 B-schools across India.
- Applicants: In 2017 more than 2.31 lakh have enrolled for CAT examination which was conducted on November 26th, 2017.
- Programmes: CAT 2018 is an eligibility test for PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPEM, PGDM, EPGP PGPSM, PGPWE, PGDHRM, PGPEX, and PGPBM courses offered by the IIMs.
CAT 2018 Important Details:
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Managment (IIM)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Participating Institutes||IIMs, IITs, FMS, ISB and Other Management Institutes|
CAT 2018 Courses Offered:
Indian Institution of Mangement offers many business administration programmes for the candidates. The courses offered through CAT is
CAT 2018 Important Dates:
- Application Form: The candidates can fill the application form of CAT 2018 from 9th August 2017 and the last date of submission is 25th September 2017 (Extended).
- Admit Card: The CAT 2018 admit card will be available from 25th October 2018 and it can be downloaded from the official website.
- Click Here to know more about the important date details of the CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum marks: The candidate must have scored the minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s Degree from recognized institution for General/OBC students.
- Relaxation for category: In case of SC/ST/PWD categories, the candidates must have minimum 45% marks in Bachelor’s degree.
- Click here to know more about eligibility criteria for the CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Registration:
- Registration: The candidates can register for the CAT 2018 examination on the official website from 9th August 2017.
- Application Fee: IIM accepts candidates application form only when they pay the application fee and candidates can pay the application fee either online or offline mode.
- Click Here to know more about Application form of the CAT 2018.
CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Official website: Candidates can login to the official website to download the CAT 2018 admit card.
- Availability: Admit card will be available to the candidates from 18th October 2017 and 2 pm onwards.
- Click here to know more about Admit card of the CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Syllabus:
- The syllabus comprises of: The CAT 2018 exam assesses the candidates in 4 aspects such as Logical & Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Skills management: The CAT 2018 exam also tests the candidates on their time management skills.
- Click here to know more about Syllabus of CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will get for every correct answer 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted in CAT 2018.
- Mode: CAT 2018 is a computer-based test and examination will be conducted in online mode.
- Click Here to know more about exam pattern of CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Results:
- Result Date: CAT 2018 exam is finished in November 2018 and candidates can get the results from the 2nd week of January 2018.
- Login Details: The candidate must provide their official CAT user ID and password to check their CAT 2018 results.
- Click here to know more about Results of the CAT 2018 examination.
CAT 2018 Counselling:
- Counselling: Once the results are declared for the CAT 2018, a list of selected candidates would be put up for the IIMs for the further counselling process.
- Mandatory: The candidates must aware of the IIM counselling procedure before attending the counselling. so they should check the counselling procedure required document list at the time of counselling.
- Click here to know more about Counselling process of the CAT 2018 examination.
Programmes available in Respected Institutions:
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM|
Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [equivalent to PhD] :
|IIM Kashipur||FPM &EFPM|
|IIM Raipur||FPM &EFPM|
CAT 2018 Helpdesk Number:
- Help Desk Number: 1-800-266-3549
- E-mail: email@example.com